|(KCRG– AP Photo/6abc Action News, Dann Cuellar)|
Did you know that about 4.5 million families and businesses are without electricity? Some of these families have lost their homes completely, are without food, water, and other necessities. How can you help them?
– CrowdRise: Allows you to donate to several different fundraisers for Sandy relief.
– AmeriCares: Sending medicine, medicine supplies, and other humanitarian aid.
– Salvation Army: Supplying food, shelter, clean-up kits, and emotional/spiritual care.
– American Red Cross: Call 800-733-2767, text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 (with those network providers who are participating), or click to make a financial contribution or find a local blood drive to give blood.
– FEMA: Provides a list of organizations in each state that were extremely affected by Sandy in which you can give a financial contribution.
– Feeding America: Provides food, water, and other supplies to those affected by Sandy. They include a tool to help you locate the closest food bank in your community for you to donate, such as the Northeast Iowa Food Bank.
A little goes a long way. Maya Angelou once said, “People may not remember what you did or said but they will always remember how you made them feel.” What will you do to help?Help Those Impacted by Hurricane Sandy by PDCM Insurance